We build software for Airbnbs to rent themselves, with a state-of-the-art product and user experience.
We have crafted an Applicant Handbook, which we highly recommend you check out, where you can find out more about the company, culture, how we recruit, what we do, and how we do it.
We are bold, like risks, and take on big challenges together. Our customers love the product, provide valuable feedback, and trust us to rapidly help them with more of their problems.
Feel free to join in one of our upcoming Townhalls on Clubhouse to experience it for yourself!
What you will be working on?
We are looking for a Senior Executive Assistant/Office Manager, capable of being independent and autonomous, capable of supporting the needs of our growing remote-first organization. This role encompasses a bit of Finance work (hunting for invoices and receipts), a bit of IT (providing access to our tools for everyone in the team that needs it), and a bit of "Office" Manager (while we don't have an office, we still need help with onboarding to our processes), and a bit of being an actual Executive Assistant (calendar and email management).
- Respond promptly to managers’ queries
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires
- Support monthly payroll and keep organized records
- Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed.
- Process bills, checks, receipts and other documents.
- Perform basic bookkeeping activities, assist with account reconciliations
- Communicate with vendors, customers and colleagues
- Deal with customer complaints or issues (such as chargeback claims)
- Plan off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conferences
- Follow office workflow procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
- Assist the CEO in the management of our investor's portal (https://invest.hospitable.com) regarding KYC, AML and compliance verification.
- Review and recommend changes to our company policies
- Suggest more efficient ways to run the office and troubleshoot malfunctions
For this position, we are looking to recruit someone who can serve Western European timezones (GMT and CET).
- Proven work experience as a Senior Executive Assistant, Office Manager or similar role.
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Familiarity with online calendars and cloud systems
- Experience using office equipment, including printers and fax machines
- Strong communication skills (via phone, email and in-person)
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Reliable with patience and professionalism
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles and office management systems and procedures
For us, the company itself is also a product, one that we iterate on.
We're always improving and creating an environment where we all love to work.
- A supportive and caring team environment, where you are trusted, not managed.
- Competitive compensation, slightly adapted to your location and status (employee or contractor). For this position, our budget is between $99,232 and $110,257. Hospitable is recruiting under an employee status in the US, France, Germany, and Estonia.
- 35 days off per year, encouraged (including self-serve public holidays) and parental leave.
- Mental-health and emotional support with therapists on call through Slack